Vital Records of Billerica, Massachusetts

Vital Records of Billerica, Massachusetts: to the End of the Year 1850

The following records of births, marriages and deaths include all entries to be found in the books of record kept by the town clerks; in the church records; in the Middlesex County Records; in the cemetery inscriptions; and in private records found in family Bibles, etc. These records are printed in a condensed form in which every essential particular has been preserved. In all records the original spelling is followed. The various spellings of a name should be examined, as items about the same family or individual may be found under different spellings. Marriages are printed under the names of both parties. When a marriage appears without the intention recorded it is designated with an asterisk. There are no intentions of marriages recorded in Billerica.

Additional information which does not appear in the original text of an item, i.e., any explanation, query, inference, or difference shown in other entries of the record, is bracketed. Parentheses are used only when they occur in the original text or to separate clauses found there such as the birthplace of parents in late marriage records.

When places other than Billerica and Massachusetts are named in the original records they are given in the printed copy.

Abbreviations Found Within the Billerica, MA Vital Records

Read the Book - Free

Download the Book - Free
 

The Town of Billerica, Middlesex County, was established May 29, 1655, from
common land.

May 26, 1658, bounds between Billerica and Andover, Essex County, were established.
October 10, 1666, bounds between Billerica and Woburn were established.
October 12, 1669, bounds between Billerica and Woburn were established.
June 27, 1701, bounds between Billerica and Chelmsford and Concord were established.
September 23, 1729, a part of Billerica was included in the new town of Bedford.
December 17, 1734, a part of Billerica was established as Tewksbury.
July 28, 1741, bounds between Billerica and Woburn were established.
February 26, 1767, a part of Billerica was annexed to Bedford.
April 28, 1780, a part of Billerica was included in the second district of Carlisle.